The Proud Place, Manchester, is part of the Proud Trust and is Manchester’s LGBT+ Community Centre.
With June being Pride Month, we’re not only excited but feel it’s relevant to share one of our most recent case study’s in Manchester, for LGBT+ community. The Proud Place, based in the heart of Manchester on Sidney Street, houses the Proud Trust and serves as a community hub for the wider LGBT+ population across Greater Manchester & beyond.
The organisation supports LGBT+ young people through youth groups, peer support, mentoring programs and the Proud Connections chat service, with roots tracing back to the 1970s and the Gay Youth Group. The main aims of the trust include:
- Creating a better support network for LGBT+ youth groups and young people.
- Keeping young LGBT+ people on other people’s agendas, so that schools, colleges, governments and other organisations considered and addressed LGBT+ needs.
- Providing opportunities to bring young people together through regional events such as, Pride Youth Games, peer educator training and conferences.
The name, The Proud Trust originates from their aspiration that every young person can be proud of their identity, without fear or shame.
The Proud Trust, hosts a number of events and services within the community, with a number of different spaces available at the Proud Place Community Centre including a training room, community lounge, multi-use space and a library, where Rosehill supplied Klia Stacking chairs in a rainbow of different colours.
The Klia, is a flexible chair which can be used across various settings, making it the ideal choice for The Proud Place. It’s both versatile and dynamic, available as a side chair or armchair, with both models being stackable up to 10-12 high on the floor. As you can see from the photos taken at The Proud Place, the chairs have been used in rows, round tables and in group circles showing exactly how practical these multi-use chairs are. Some of the other benefits of the Klia, include:
- It’s easy to clean and maintain as there’s no upholstery
- Manufactured from polypropylene wth reinforced glass fibre, making them strong and durable for contract and commercial settings.
- They can be used outside as they have UV protection, so they’re ideal for both indoor and outdoor spaces
- Whilst they’re also available in a wide choice of modern and stylish colours, which seems to be a huge hit with our customers!
- A Transport Trolley is also available to help move, stack and store the Klia chairs.
Rosehill were delighted to partner with The Proud Place on this project to update their furniture, and feedback was kindly received by our sales team: “Thank you for supplying the chairs in our finished community centre. They really help make the space so colourful!”.